-->

Sunday, March 18, 2012 Let it snow... Cookies!

Let it snow... Cookies!
I love making beautiful, detailed sugar cookies. In fact I consider it a great day when I get to listen to the radio and decorate cookies for 6 hours straight. But those days are a luxury, and often I'm pressed for time, but still want to make something special. I was recently making some labor intensive Christmas cookies, and I needed some little cookies to add to the mix... how about snowballs! Every once in a while I come up with an idea I think is pretty clever... don't burst my bubble if you don't agree! =) These are about the simplest cookies you could ever make, but I still think they are quite cute, and with some special packaging make a pretty sweet gift.

~ How to make simple snowball cookies ~

1. You'll need to make a batch of Sugar Cookies. I cut mine with a 1 1/2 inch round cutter, I think any size from 1-2 inches would work great.

2. Prepare some white (uncolored) royal icing. Fill a piping bag (fitted with a #2 or #3 tip) with medium consistency icing (about the consistency of a thick syrup).

3. Flood a few cookies at a time, then while they are still wet (hold each one over a paper plate) sprinkle with white sanding sugar. Set aside and allow to fully dry (4-8 hours).

4. For an additional touch of shimmer, feel free to sprinkle a tiny bit of disco dust over the cookies (I didn't use any this time).
Let it snow... Cookies!
To package these snowball cookies I filled small glass jars (these are from Wal-Mart), and embellished the jars with several pretty ribbons and a cute tag. I considered several different tag sayings including "Snowball fight ammo." I think these would be super cute gifts to send to people you love that never see snow at Christmas (including many in the military). For shipping, I would add white mini marshmallows in the jars to keep the cookies from shaking (and to add to the snowy look).
Let it snow... Cookies!
Let it snow... Cookies!
Happy snowball making!
Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 let it snow
Carbon 12 Blogger template by Blogger Bits. Supported by Bloggermint